Monday, March 17, 2008

Time to hate on some shit.

Yeah fuck all you so called graphic designers that only make your shit in your computers. Seriously, draw some shit by hand!
Don´t do all your shit so clean and perfect cause it takes away the personality. Take some history lessons in design and typography. It is ok to be influenced by stuff but don´t bite cause thats fucking wack! If you gonna bite shit don´t be so obvious with it!!!
Do some cut and pasting and maybe try to draw your favorite type/font by hand.
-----
Just had to get this shit out. I do actually like alot of things too. hahahahaa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all.. How many design history/visual comunication/typography classes have you taken? just interested, dont take it as a negative response or what not.

A design doesnt get better or more artistic because its made by hand, the computer is just a different tool than the pen. The computer is the new typesetter. So I say: learn to use as many tools as you can and then see what works best for each individual design. People normally use both, I doubt that any trained designers doesnt make sketches ;)

What are your thoughts?

d said...

Good one! I like discussions and you seem like a decent person. Most of the comments in this blog is only on some hate/fuck you type of shit..

I did one class but it´s not my main focus.

Maybe I don´t respect the designs made in computers as much as the ones who is made by a person who has the skills to do it with his hands. Maybe im just conservative cause I come from the graff culture.

Im not saying that you shouldnt use computers, of course you should and it is a tool but I also think that people should do really basic shit like cut and pasting and drwing too before they become some masters. Of course proffesional people sketch before they do stuff.

Anyway, cool to discuss this..

Holla back! / D

Anonymous said...

ok I see. Designers can work with their hands aswell, but achieve different looks whereas you do it by hand or computer. Alot of my projects is a mix of both.

The look has to fit the project is what Im trying to say.

But yea, I agree with that alot of people trying to design doesnt have a any knowledge in design-theory or making things by hand, they just open photoshop and start clicking.

d said...

right right!

I want to see some of your stuff mayne!!! Just curious...

d said...

stay anonymous!